Talent to Treasure: Building a Profitable Music Teaching Business
Sale Price: $ 15.99
You Save: $ 4.00 (20%)
Have a heart for music but no head for business?
Transform your musical skills into extra income: Talent to Treasure: Building a Profitable Music Teaching Business shows you how!
Marcia Washburn, BA, MME, is a seasoned piano teacher, writing with authority about a subject she knows intimately and loves passionately: connecting people with music. Her warm and personable style immediately draws in the reader.
Talent to Treasure targets the woman who wants to share her love of music with others while continuing to serve her family at home. It addresses the whys and hows of building a home business that blesses others without negatively impacting the family. It is proving to be a valuable resource for rookie and veteran teachers alike.
The appendices alone are worth the cost of the book: sample policy letters, analysis of favorite teaching music, and more. The sample letters are available as Word documents at no charge so you can personalize them for your own studio.
In the pages of Talent to Treasure, you will learn:
• How to prepare your heart and your home for your business
• How to recruit and retain students
• How much to charge for lessons (& how to be sure you get paid!)
• How to select a “balanced diet” of music for your students
• How and what to teach in the first lesson
• How to teach using learning styles—how to be a people teacher first!
• Great practicing tips & strategies for dealing with students who don’t!
• How to deal with memorization, performance jitters, & more
• Reaching special needs students, from challenged to gifted
• And much, much more!